Friday, January 25, 2008

My Plant Lady


Every Friday someone stops by my office and trims and waters my plant. I thought there was someone new on the job because I noticed more plant clippings in my trash and the plant was greener, but I’m often away from my office when they stop by, so I wasn't for sure. Well today I found out that there was indeed someone new. Her name is Kristen. She is the new caretaker of my plant and she’s been doing a great job.

Kristen works all over Midtown tending to plants of all varieties and shapes. She told me about some of her other clients, including ESPN (she said they're really nice to her there).

Her sister works for the same company and is also a plant caretaker.

My old plant caretaker was friendly, but my plant looks a lot better since he stopped making his weekly visits. I asked him once how I could help my plant look better and he said it was fine and not to worry. I didn't believe him, but then again, I'm not a plant caretaker. I guess it just needed a little TLC from Kristen, cause it’s been looking a lot happier.

I just looked up the term “plant caretaker” on Google and saw an ad for a Tropical Plant Caretaker in Anchorage, Alaska!

Are there any green thumbs out there looking for employment?

Way to go, Kristen, for a job well done!


¡Hasta Pronto!

No comments: